Tuesday 15 May 2018

Laura Ukstina




Laura Ukstina's degree collection at Grays School of Art Fashion and Textile fashion show.
Colourful, bold blocks of knit in a very Graphic 1960 style collection. You can see this collection at Grays School of Art Degree show in Aberdeen 16th- 22nd June or at New Designers in London June 27th-30th.


"My collection is inspired by the Memphis design movement in the 1980’s and Lego, I love bright colours and bold patterns. Lego is my main inspiration, I find really interesting to watch how children play and interact with Lego, creating amazing objects that can quickly change or be destroyed. Lego inspires creative freedom and motivates children to be experimental.This approach of construction and deconstruction inspired me to create a knitwear collection where the wearer can decide how to wear my garments as there is no right or wrong way! All garment pieces can be easily changed by taking some apart or adding others.
I believe that this could be a sustainable approach to fashion for example, you don’t need to buy the whole garment, you could just renew it by adding new parts such as sleeves." Laura Ukstina

No comments:

Post a Comment