Saturday 19 August 2017

Fanny Allié I



"My work shows traces of a fleeting moment, an ephemeral existence and most of all, a narrative that links us to each other in our daily life.
In my recent collage work, I tear apart and re-assemble pieces of found fabric, mixed media and newsprint images to create imaginary characters. This collection of small collaged figures are informed by my daily observation of people living on the New York City streets, the news and personal recollections.
A city is made by all the individuals who inhabit it; the ones that we see everyday and the invisible ones who merge with facades and sidewalks and who become the street itself. My practice is based on my own subjective experience of the city through the people I cross paths with, on a daily basis. Found materials is at the core of my practice: found paper, used fabric, strips of plastic or scraps of wall paint, fragments and little objects found on the street are used for the making of my characters which become creations and products of the city itself. My imaginary characters inspired by underground and unseen human figures often carry and develop alternative economies, in an urban context." Fanny Allié





No comments:

Post a Comment