Thursday 13 October 2016

Gino Anthonisse

Gino Anthonisse's inspiration  has to be something that shocks and astonishes him; "my most recent collection was partly inspired by a book called 'Codex Seraphinianus' by Luigi Serafini. It is an encyclopedia about an imaginary and surreal world with very strange illustrations . . . 

and an invented language the author created himself. It is considered one of the most peculiar books and has generated debates about its meaning. This is what inspired me, the curiosity in human kind to discover the mysterious, the magical and the occult. My designs represent that part of the consciousness, the surreal." Gino Anthonisse




Gino's designs appealed to me as they reminded me of legacy folk traditions whose meanings as often lost in time and so they are surreal events stepping forward through history macabre and startling. They also have echoes of Nick Caves sound suits, I look forward to Gino's career blossoming,  he is an extremely exciting designer.




No comments:

Post a Comment